Welcome to the Haldimand-Norfolk Child Care Waitlist Site
Canada-Wide Early Learning and Child Care Agreement
On March 28, 2022, the Province and federal government reached an agreement on a national child care plan for Ontario. The new Canada-wide Early Learning and Child Care Agreement will lower fees for parents and provide more accessible and high-quality child care for Ontario families.
Haldimand Norfolk Children’s Services is working with the Ministry of Education and awaiting further details regarding our role in the implementation of the Canada-Wide Early Learning and Child Care Agreement.
We are committed to keeping the community, families and partners updated and information will be shared as soon as soon as it becomes available.
For current information on the Canada-Wide Early Learning Child Care agreement visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/canada-ontario-early-years-and-child-care-agreement.
Haldimand Norfolk OneList is an online registry for licensed childcare in Haldimand and Norfolk counties. It is a one-stop-shop offering the ability to research licensed childcare options in your community and simultaneously apply to any number of programs for multiple children. This site eliminates the need to call numerous providers and complete multiple applications. If a provider is not listed, it is either not licensed under the Child Care and Early Years Act or they do not hold a service agreement with Haldimand Norfolk Children’s Services.
Sign up and create a free OneHSN Account
Log in and complete your Family child care profile
Apply for Child Care Programs, Subsidy, and More!
Center Based Child Care
Licensed centre-based care can include services for infants, toddlers, pre-school and school-aged children. There are various types of centre-based care, including cooperative pre-schools, full or part-day care, extended hours care, and before and after-school programs.
Licensed Home Child Care
- offer care within their own home
- must meet and maintain provincial standards that provide for the health, safety and developmental needs of children
- may offer more flexible hours than centre-based care
Child Care Fee Subsidy
- You are employed full or part time
- You are attending school full or part time
- You are retraining full or part time
- You are a parent with special needs, or have a child with special needs, and have been referred by a professional
- You are a parent with therapeutic needs, or have a child with therapeutic needs and have been referred by a professional
For more information please visit our website or call 519-426-6170 or 905-318-6623 or 519-582-3579 at ext. 3745.