Welcome to the City of Ottawa Child Care Registry and Waitlist,
your online application for licensed child care
Apply for full fee, subsidy or both by completing just one application!
Finding Quality Programs
Licensed child care programs must meet and maintain specific provincial standards, set out in the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA). These standards provide for the health, safety and developmental needs of children. For help on how to find quality child care for your child(ren), visit the Ministry of Education website.
Apply for licensed full fee child care (referred to as the Registry)
- The Registry provides a list of licensed child care providers in the City of Ottawa and includes several child care options for you to choose from:
home-based care, centre-based care, school age care and or nursery/pre-school care.
- To add your name to the Registry, you must first create an account (see below). Then follow the steps and apply for the child care programs that best meet the needs of your family.
- The Registry is managed by child care providers. Once a space is available, a child care provider will contact you directly to advise you of the next steps.
Apply for child care subsidy (referred to as the Waitlist)
- If you cannot pay the full fee and need help to pay for your child care costs, you can apply for a child care subsidy with the City of Ottawa.
- The City has criteria for child care fee subsidy which prioritizes individuals that are most in need.
- When you add your name to the Registry, you will have the option to apply for a subsidy.
- If eligible for a subsidy, your name will be added to the Waitlist and you will be contacted by a child care provider when a space becomes available at one of your preferred programs.
- Important: To be assessed for a subsidy, you must submit an application package. This includes a Child Care Rights and Responsibilities/Consent form and other required documents. Without your signed consent and other documents, your application will not be processed. For more information about a child care subsidy, visit Ottawa.ca/daycare.
Once you are finished your application, you will get a confirmation e-mail telling you that your application is either complete or incomplete. If your application is incomplete, you will need to log back in and provide the missing information.
To complete your application, you must first Create an Account and choose a passphrase (password). If you were previously registered on the Centralized Waiting List, you still need to create a new account in this system.
To review or make changes to your existing application(s), Log In to your current account.
For technical support with your application, e-mail Support@OneHSN.com or call 1-888-722-1540. For more information about child care, visit ottawa.ca/daycare or visit one of our four City of Ottawa Social Support Centres in person.