Welcome to the City of Hamilton Child Care Registry
Your online application for licensed child care.
You may apply to as many child care programs as you like. By applying online, you do not need to contact multiple child care programs. Complete and submit an online application to register for any of the child care options.
Once your account has been created, you will need to provide information about you and your family on the application form. The information you provide will be used to suggest child care options. The child care provider will contact you when a space becomes available.
Register and Apply for Licensed Child Care Programs
There are two types of regulated early learning and child care programs available in Hamilton under license with the Ministry of Education. For help on how to find quality child care for your children, visit the Ministry of Education website.
• Licensed Centre-Based Care offers service for infants, toddlers, pre-school and school-aged children. They include cooperative pre-schools, full-day care, extended hours care and before and after-school programs.
• Licensed Home-Based Care offers service to infants, toddlers and pre-school aged children and may also offer care for school-aged children before and after regular school hours, at lunch and on days when schools are closed. The agencies contract individual caregivers who offer child care out of their own home.
Apply for Child Care Subsidy
If you cannot pay the full fee and need help to pay for your child care costs, you can apply for a child care subsidy with the City of Hamilton.
• After registering and applying for a licensed child care program, you will have the option to apply for a subsidy.
• The City of Hamilton has criteria for child care fee subsidy which prioritizes individuals that are most in need. For more information about child care and our waitlist strategy, visit our City of Hamilton website.
• To be assessed for subsidy, you must submit the documentation that is requested. You will be given a list of items to submit to our office.
• Once you are finished your application, you will receive a confirmation number and e-mail telling you that your application is either complete or incomplete. If your application is incomplete, you will need to log back in and provide the missing information. After your application is completed and submitted successfully, you will be contacted by City of Hamilton staff to discuss next steps in the process.
|New Users must Create an Account And choose a passphrase (password).||Returning User Log In to your current account to review or make changes to your existing applications.|
For technical support with your application, email email@example.com or call 1-888-722-1540.
This application is best used with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 11 or greater).
To upgrade Internet Explorer, please visit Download Internet Explorer.