Welcome to OneHSN, Windsor and Essex County’s Child Care Registry!
A central application and registry for all families seeking licensed child care and/or accredited recreation and skill building programs within Windsor and Essex County. Just complete and submit one online application to register for as many child care options as you like.
(If a child care provider is not listed, they may not be licensed under the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014; may not be an accredited recreation and skill building program or; may not have a service agreement with the City of Windsor.)
Licensed Child Care Options
These programs are licensed by the Ministry of Education under the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014, to ensure the programs meet specific provincial standards for the health, safety and developmental needs of children.
- Centre Based or School Based Child Care
- Home Child Care
- The Licensed Home Child Care Agency contract individual caregivers who offer child care out of their own homes. Caregivers are screened, approved and monitored by the Home Child Care Agency to ensure compliance with provincial requirements as well as the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Accredited Recreation and Skill Building Programs
- These programs provide child care for school aged children and are not licensed by the Ministry of Education; however they are HIGH FIVE accredited. HIGH FIVE Accreditation is Canada’s only comprehensive quality standard for children’s recreation and sport.
- Child Care Subsidy is only available for children 6-12 years of age (must be 6 years old by the end of the current calendar year).
To complete your application, you must first create an account.
Once your account has been activated, you will need to provide information about you and your family on the application form. The information you provide will be used to suggest child care options. You may place your child’s name on as many lists as you choose. The child care provider will contact you when a space becomes available.