If you are experiencing difficulty completing your application, contact us:
Support By Phone
You will need to provide your account email address and phone number (for security purposes) before information can be disclosed.
For assistance or information please e-mail us at: email@example.com
OneHSN Support will be closed for the Victoria Day Holiday on May 24th. We will respond to your request during regular business hours.
Website Guide (Parent/Guardian)
This guide is designed to show you how to use this website to its full potential and provide assistance with the use of the website. You can open the document as a PDF by clicking the 'Download' button below.
You must have Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® installed on your computer to view PDF documents.
Click on the link below to download Acrobat Reader software.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- What happens after I complete my online application?
The child care providers you applied to may contact you to schedule a visit or to learn more about you, your family, and your child care needs. When a vacancy opens up that meets your needs they will contact you to offer a spot.
- Can I apply to more than one child care Centre?
Yes, you may apply to as many centres as you wish. Your choices will be determined by the information that you submit on your application. You will be contacted by the child care centre where a space first becomes available. If you accept a space that is not your top priority, you still have the option on remaining on other waitlists.
- How long will I have to wait for the space?
If no space is immediately available to you, the amount of time you will wait is determined by many factors. You may contact any child care centre to find out where you are on their waitlist.
- What is child care subsidy?
Child care subsidy helps to cover the fees for licensed child care for parents/caregivers who qualify.
- Who may qualify for child care subsidy?
You may qualify for child care subsidy if you are:
• Living in the District of Sault Ste. Marie
• Eligible financially (see Fee Calculator button), and
• Working full time or part-time, or
• Attending school /training program, or
• Have a therapeutic referral from a qualified referring source based on your needs or your child’s needs.
Please Note: Applicants with an annual household income less than $20,000 qualify for full subsidy.
Applicants in receipt of Ontario Works Assistance or Ontario Disability Support Program also qualify for full subsidy.
Applicants with an annual household income over $20,000 will be assessed to determine if they qualify for partial fee assistance.
- How do I apply for child care fee subsidy?
You may apply for child care subsidy by selecting “fee assistance is required” when completing your application.
- What documents are required to complete my application?
You will be required to provide:
- A copy of your and partner’s (if applicable) Notice of Assessment or Canada Child Benefit Notice for the previous year.
- If you cannot find these documents, call Revenue Canada at 1-800-959-8281 to request the summary of your Notice of Assessment.
- For Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program recipients, verification that you are currently in receipt of benefits (portion that includes your name)
- Custody Court Order or written confirmation from absent parent regarding current informal custody arrangement
- Verification of student status (i.e. school time table/ student I.D)
- Financial Support Document (i.e. OSAP, Native Band Funding, Metis Funding, Second Career Funding)
- Correspondence Courses may be considered on a case-by-case basis
Therapeutic Referral –
- If you are not working or going to school your medical doctor or referral agent will need to complete a referral package available from the Early Years Office or provider
Date of Birth –
- Government issued identification to verify date of birth for all dependent children (birth certificate, health card, birth registration)
8. Can I make changes to my selections?
Please record your username and passphrase so that you can make changes including program selections at any time or you can call Early Years Services at 705-541-7321 for assistance.